Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Warm Welcome on a Cold Day

I returned to work today after being on Short Term Disability since December 3rd.  It was cold and wet outside, but when I walked into work I got a very warm welcome from many people, including some hugs!  It was very nice to know that people missed me while I was gone!  My desk looked exactly the way it did when I left, which was good to see.  I've had the misfortune in the past of having people rearrange my desk and things while I was out on maternity leave with my son, which was incredibly ignorant and rude!  This happened when I worked at my ex father-in-law's company and my ex husband is the one that did the rearranging!  Boy, I could really pick them back then . . .

Anyway, I wore a new outfit today that I ordered early in November and had never tried out before. I put on my black suede boots and silver earrings with it.  Here is how it looked:

Mae in Black Cowl Neck Dress and Suede Boots

It was very comfy and warm and I got compliments on both the dress and boots, which was nice!

Of course there were a couple of annoying emails waiting for me, but that's to be expected when one is out of the office for 5 weeks!  I'll clean that up sometime later this week.

I found out that they moved my phone and are in the process of moving my desk upstairs since I'm moving to another project.  This is good news.  I also found out that the SE Manager is a lady that I had a run-in with back in 2007 on a proposal effort.  However, her and I have had no problems since I've returned to Texas in 2009 and she was very nice to me today when we talked.  I'm looking forward to moving to this project!  I need something new and challenging!

I also got the chance to have a nice long chat on the phone with my dear friend Tegs today, which is something I haven't been able to do for a while now.  I really enjoyed that and want to do it more often!

I ended the day with a very nice Shrimp Salad for dinner.  Here is what it looked like:

Shrimp Salad for Dinner



No comments:

Post a Comment