Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Kindness in the Air

We flew to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida on December 19th so that we could catch our cruise the next day in Port Everglades.  We got to the airport without incident and took off at 12:05 PM on American Airlines Flight 1702, which was a direct flight to Ft. Lauderdale and was very smooth and pleasant!  As a matter of fact, something rather noteworthy occurred while we were in flight.  We usually fly First Class, but I just couldn't justify the expense for just a 2-1/2 hour flight and we're not Frequent Flyers on American Airlines.  So we flew coach and ordered some beer from the cart along with a Fruit and Cheese Plate, which ended up being light and tasty!

Anyway, during the latter part of the flight I got up to wait to use the rest room.  One of the flight attendants passed by and told me that I looked cute in my outfit, which was very nice!  Before I went into the bathroom she offered us another beer and I accepted, then she added that there would be no charge for the beers and then she wished me a Merry Christmas!  When I got out of the bathroom she handed me the beers!  I couldn't believe it!  How often do people do such random acts of kindness without expecting anything in return!

We landed on time and promptly got all of our luggage.  Then we headed to the Embassy Suites and checked into our room right away.  The hotel is very nice and is located only 1/2 mile from Port Everglades, where we needed to catch the Cruise. Here are some pictures of the room:


The Bedroom
 
The Living Room

We dropped our bags in the room and then headed to the Publix that is right next door to shop for some last minute items, some beer to stow in our bags and some of my favorite Publix Roadrunner Raspberry Lowfat Frozen Yogurt with chocolate chips.  I used to have this every night after dinner when I lived in Alabama and it tastes so good and doesn't have a lot of fat and calories.  Unfortunately, Texas doesn't have Publix stores, so whenever I'm in Florida I make it a point to get some of my favorite frozen yogurt!


My Favorite Frozen Yogurt - So Yummy!

We got back to the hotel just in time for the nightly Manager's Reception and drank a few beers out in the courtyard, which is very pretty and looks like a tropical garden.  Here are some pictures of their courtyard:


Me and the Infamous Draft Beer at Happy Hour (Yuck!)

Interesting Hotel Architecture and Palm Trees



Colorful Lanterns Hanging from the Canopy

Christmas Tree and Heat Lanterns


I was tired as I was still recovering from surgery that I got earlier in December and the draft beer didn't sit the greatest.  We went to dinner at a restaurant next door called Duffy's Sport Grill and the food and service there sucked!  It also didn't help that some woman was smoking cigarettes at the next table and that really made me sick!  I cannot stand the smell of  cigarette or cigar smoke!  I'll not go there again!  There is an Outback Restaurant right next door to the hotel that has good food, so I'll go there from now on.

After eating Dinner we went back to the hotel and I fell asleep rather quickly, which was great!  I needed the sleep to get ready for boarding the Cruise the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment