Thursday, January 24, 2013

Breathless and Over the Rainbow

Something that a friend posted on Facebook a few days ago reached out and captured my heart!  It was a very astute observation written by George Carlin.  For anybody who is reading this, it is well worth your time to go to this link and read George's words:

George Carlin - Something to Ponder 

The last sentence of his observation is very pertinent to what is going on in my life right now:  

"Always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away."

Most of us live our lives plodding through our day to day routines, checking off the boxes as we go, never taking the time to follow our dreams. Where is the passion in that?  Yes, daily routines are safe, predictable and comfortable and we need them to take care of business. But they do not take our breath away!  Sometimes we just have to jump off of the proverbial cliff and fly.  Taking the plunge is scary, but it's necessary for personal growth and happiness.

So just now I saw another post that has spoken to me so strongly that I see it as a sign:

"Life is too short to . . . wake up in the morning with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said that it'd be easy, they just promised it would be worth it."

I learned at a very young age that rainbows signify that whenever there are storms in life (or bad stuff), God is present and that after the storm passes there will be something beautiful to come.  So it is fitting that a very close friend just gave me this beautiful rainbow necklace and matching earrings:


Me in Rainbow Necklace and Matching Earrings

Here is a picture that I love and find to have great significance:



I'm focusing on my rainbow and it's leading me closer and closer to the cliff's edge.  I know that one day in the not too distant future that I'm going to jump off and fly.




No comments:

Post a Comment