Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Goodbye 2012!

I spent New Year's Eve 2012 at home, which has become the tradition for the past several years.  We had dinner and a birthday party for my stepson Alex, who turned 23 years old yesterday.  Here is a picture of him and Adeline with his cake:

Adeline Helping Daddy Blow out His Candles!

Adeline really enjoyed opening all her presents from all of us!  She got some really nice presents this year!



The past year was full of ups and downs for me.  Some of the most noteworthy downs were the health problems that I experienced.  I've been fortunate enough to enjoy excellent health all of my life, but 2012 brought me some problems . . . first a bad kidney infection and septicemia which put me into the hospital during Easter.  Then there was the serious Ovarian Cancer scare and subsequent full Hysterectomy that I got in December.  What an eye opener that was!  Thank God it was severe Endometriosis instead of Ovarian Cancer!  I'm recovering very nicely and hope that I won't have any more health problems in 2013!

Then there were my sister and son's health problems, both of which involve seizures.  My sister just started throwing Grand Mal seizures in 2012 and was diagnosed with Epilepsy.  My son has Grand Mal seizures as a result of a severe brain trauma that he sustained back in 2007.  He is remiss in taking his anti-seizure medication sometimes, which results in seizures.  He had one at my daughter's party on Christmas Eve, which greatly saddened me.  I am terribly worried about both of them and hope that they will be okay!

Then there were the marital problems . . . I'm not going to get into that subject on here.  All I can say is that I truly need my personal space and friends and hope that this will not continue to make waves in the future.  If it does, things will have to change.

On the up side, I've made a couple of very nice friends, one of who has become very dear to me!  Although she lives in another state, we text and talk on the phone every day.  She is such an angel and I'm so glad to have her in my life! She really helped me through my cancer scare, which was a Godsend!  I look forward to spending much more time with her in the future!

I've also did very well at work this past year and plan to continue to do so.  I'm just praying that the Fiscal Cliff doesn't affect my job or anybody else's!!!  I'm very thankful for my job and pray that it will remain intact!

Who knows what the future will bring?  I just pray that all of my friends and loved ones will make it through the year intact and alive and that all will be well for all of us this time next year!



No comments:

Post a Comment