Friday, February 3, 2012

Take a Look at Yourself

It was a long and rather annoying day at work today.  Thank God it's over!  I finally extracted myself from work at around 5:20 PM, and as I was driving home, I looked at my iPhone and saw that I had a new friend request on Facebook.  The person looked to be nice, so I accepted her request.  After I got home and got situated, I looked at my new friend's FB page.  She seems very nice and I enjoyed looking at her pictures. But what really made an impression and caused me to write about it on my blog is what she has listed as her "Favorite Quotations". She has several different ones, but these two caught my attention right away:

"The only people you need in your life are those that prove they need you in theirs".

"If you look to others for fulfillment, you will never be truly fulfilled". ~ Lao Tzu

These quotations really got me thinking, mostly about how much energy I have wasted caring about people who went out of their way to prove how much they didn't need me in their life.  They also made me realize how much I don't want to do this again.  I also need to look more inside myself for fulfillment and less to others.  So thank you to Eve, my new FB friend for helping me to take a closer look at myself and what I  need!

This reminds me of a song from back in the early 70s by a band called Uriah Heep called "Look at Yourself".

Here are the lyrics to the song:

I see you running
Don't know what
You're running from
Nobody's coming
What did you do that was so wrong?

Look back and turn back
Look at yourself
Don't be afraid, just
Look at yourself

If you need assistance
Or if all you need is love
There's no point in hiding
Tell me what you're frightened of

You've got a friend. just
Look at yourself
Don't be afraid, just
Look at yourself


Here is the video:




There comes a time in life that we all just need to take a long look at ourselves to become self-fulfilled and move ahead in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment