Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Shot in the Bum

I have been sick for the past week or so with severe sinus congestion, a sore throat and the general malaise that accompanies ailments of this sort. I finally broke down today and went to the doctor. Well, the proverbial "shot in the arm" to cure one's ills morphed into a "shot in the bum" for me. A steroid shot that is, along with a Z-PAC prescription. It ended up being a sinus infection. I want this to be gone before I get on the plane to Hawaii next week!

Today turned out to be a pretty decent one. I went to lunch at Pappadeaux's today with several people from work to celebrate the birthday of a very lovely girl at work who I enjoy talking with on a daily basis. Well, the infamous "TW" joined us at lunch today and it was a very pleasant experience! I have mentioned TW in my blog before. I really like TW, but they shut me out at times for some unknown reason, which really hurts my feelings.

TW was out of the office at another location for several weeks and just arrived back this past week. I have noticed that things seem to have eased since their return. The veil appears to have lifted somewhat. Perhaps it is because this is TW's last week here. I hope that things stay this way until their departure. I would love to sit down and have a long discussion with TW to tell them how much I care. I don't know if this will happen now or ever, but I hope it will somehow, somewhere, sometime.

So, here's to you, TW. I truly care about you, so don't you forget about me after you leave! I am dedicating one of my favorite songs to you tonight and for ever more . . .


More to come . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment