Friday, December 16, 2011

Farewell, My Friend

I have felt very sad all day long today.  A friend of mine will be driving out of Texas tomorrow and into the sunrise. I hope that there are some really good things on the horizon for her.  It kind of reminds me somewhat of the morning that I left Basic Training at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas.  The bus I was on drove off into the most beautiful sunrise I had ever seen, and I saw this as a sign that there were many good things in store for me, and there were!  If I had to do it all over again, I would have still joined the Air Force.

A group of us went to lunch today at Pappasitos to bid her and another person farewell. It was a very nice lunch. Before I left work today, I went over to her, told her goodbye and gave her a pocket Angel Stone to ensure that the angels would watch over and protect her in her new location.

Sarah's Angel Stone

She and I hugged and said "goodbye".  I hope that this was not the last time that I will ever see her!  When it comes right down to it, she probably doesn't give a rat's ass about me, but I really do care about her, for some reason.  Now I have to walk past her empty desk when I return to work after New Years. This makes me feel very sad and empty.

My dear friend, I will say it again, I really care about you!  I hope that you find happiness and fulfillment in your new life. Just don't forget about the past two years here in Dallas.

So here is a song that I am dedicating here on my blog, just for you . . .




I wish you were still here and I hope we can meet again someday.

Until tomorrow's sunrise . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment