Saturday, December 31, 2011

Another One Bites the Dust - Goodbye 2011!

Well, in the words of Freddy Mercury and Queen, "Another One Bites the Dust", the year 2011 that is!




Here I sit in our Media Room in Dallas watching "The Big D" New Years Eve show on the big screen, waiting for another year to end. This is a yearly tradition to spend New Years Eve in the Media Room, eating papusas and tamales. There are 40 minutes left of 2011 here in Dallas. I have already said Happy New Year to my children in Maryland. I always wonder about the same thing at this time every year. . . if my future self could visit me right now, what would she have to say? Will everybody make it through 2012? Will it be a good year at work? Will I reach all of my goals this year? Only time will tell. . .

This is usually a very lonely time of the year for me, even with family around. I can feel the winds of change stirring in my life. People have come and gone and I am at a crossroads. I want to be a be a better person this year. I don't want to sweat the small stuff anymore. I want to improve my physical fitness and find some ways to give back to the community somehow for my good fortune and blessings. I want to continue to give love to and care about others, but I want to receive some more back this year. I don't think that this is asking too much.

For the past few months, I have really been enjoying one particular person for their mind. I love what they have to say and look forward to reading about it every day!  I want to continue to do this as it gives me something to look forward to every day.  It is so amazing that with all of the video games and advanced technical gadgets that we have today, the thing that makes me happy is reading somebody's blog!  This just underscores the fact that the simple things in life are the best.

We had a birthday party for Alex tonight.  He turned 22 years old today.  Here is a cute picture of Adeline and Daddy right before he blew out the candles on his cake.  I hope that he will become more involved in her life this year!  She is such a sweet child and needs her Daddy in her life. 


Adeline and Alex (Daddy) Getting Ready to Blow Out the Candles on His Cake

I would like dedicate this post tonight to to the memory of my cousin Patrick Reilly, who died on New Years Day, 2010.  Pat moved down to Florida to retire and had just purchased a Harley Davidson so that he could ride with his friends.  Unfortunately, he was a novice rider and lost control of his bike and crashed into a house.  He died at the scene of the accident  Rest in Peace, cousin Pat and God Bless your soul!

I pray that all of us have a safe, happy and healthy year.  For all who read this, Happy New Year and may you, your family and friends be safe, happy and healthy in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment