Monday, December 26, 2011

Home, Sweet Home

We arrived home this morning after flying all night, with layovers in LA and Houston.  Although Hawaii is a beautiful place, I have to say that I am truly glad to be back home and that I plan to stay put until my return to work on the Tuesday after New Years Day.

We drove to Waxahachie to pick up Adeline and got caught in some major traffic around Dallas. We stopped at Boston Market on the way home and picked up dinner, which was chicken, corn, mashed potatoes, vegetables, macaroni and cheese and baked apples, along with the little cornbread loaves that they provide with dinner.  It was delicious!

Nicole and Brandon sent some presents for Adeline,  along with a beautiful photo book from their wedding for us, which was very thoughtful and much appreciated!

Here are Adeline and I sitting by the tree when she opened her presents:


Mae and Adeline opening presents from Auntie Nicole and Uncle Brandon

Adeline loved her presents and colored in her new coloring books until she went to sleep!

So now that Christmas is over and 2012 is on the horizon, I have already started my soul searching and contemplation on what I need to do to improve myself in 2012.  I have already made arrangements to work with a personal trainer at 24 Hour Fitness where I work out. His name is Brad and he is going to help me with my workout and diet.  He told me that what you eat is 80% of your total fitness results.  Although I do eat healthily, I think that this is where I have been going wrong.  I am looking forward to mitigating the hate relationship that I have with my body by  loosing a few pounds and gaining some muscle.  I would also like to start on something more meditative like some Tai Chi classes.

I also need to work on my emotional and spiritual selves.  I have spent alot of time during the past year or more caring deeply about people who don't care about me.  Although I won't completely abandon caring about these people, I have determined that I need to divert a large part of this energy to care for myself and others who will give some love back to me.  I am not one for having alot of friends as I believe that quality is far better than quantity.  I would like to find a friend for mutual spiritual and emotional support.  I really need this badly!

Here's to building more physical, spiritual and emotional health in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment