Monday, January 16, 2012

Send Me An Angel

Fortunately, I am feeling a good bit better today than I did yesterday.  I only worked a half day today.  I got up and got in a really good cardio workout at the gym, then went home, ate breakfast, then took a nap. I got into work at 1:00 PM and stayed there 4 hours.

I have read over my last few posts here and have given alot of thought about the way that I have been feeling lately, especially the last few weeks. I am very blessed in the fact that my immediate family is a very good support system  and they really do love me and I love them too. I am also blessed because I have a very good job which enables me to support and take care of my family.  I have worked very hard to be able to do this, but there are many people out there who have also worked hard and have not been as fortunate.

Although I do acknowledge my blessings, I have come to realize that there is something missing in my life and I cannot find it. It is a very lonely and empty feeling. I have been searching and reaching out, but nothing has come back.  I know that I am not going to find what I am looking for on Facebook and that I have been reaching out to the wrong people and in the wrong direction.  I need to find the right way.

After all of this thinking that I have been doing, something jumped out at me today.  It is actually a beautiful song by the Scorpions called "Send Me An Angel".  Here are the lyrics to the song:

Wise man said just walk this way
To the dawn of the light
The wind will blow into your face
As the years pass you by

Hear this voice from deep inside
It's the call of your heart
Close our eyes and your will find
Passage out of the dark

Here I am
Will you send me an angel
Here I am
In the land of the morning star

Wise man said just find your place
In the eye of the storm
Seek the roses along the way
Just beware of the thorns

Here I am
Will you send me an angel
Here I am
In the land of the morning star

Wise man said just raise your hand
And reach out for the spell
Find the door in the promised land
Just believe in yourself

Hear this voice from deep inside
It's the call of your heart
Close your eyes and you will find
The way out of the dark

Here I am
Will you send me an angel
Here I am
In the land of the morning star
Here I am
Will you send me an angel
Here I am
In the land of the morning star

So, here I am, will you send me an angel who will help me to fill this emptiness.  Here I am, in the land of the Lone Star.

Here is a picture of Michael the Archangel:

Michael the Archangel

Here is the Scorpions video:


Please help me to find the passage out of the dark . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment