Wednesday, January 4, 2012

On the Right Track

I have worked out regularly and eaten a low fat diet for a long while now but have not been satisfied with how my body has looked to date.  I work out at 24 Hour Fitness and they have an excellent personal trainer program.  As a matter of fact, the show "The Biggest Loser" uses 24 Hour Fitness' program!  I really want to see results this year, so I hired one of their Master Trainers for a few months to get the results I want.  I get personal training from Brad for 50 minutes on Tuesdays and Thursdays and I do 45 minutes of cardio on my own on Saturdays and Sundays.

The personal training package consists of cardio, resistance training and nutrition counseling.  I started the resistance training and cardio last week and the nutrition yesterday.  Brad is with me for the resistance training and tells me what exercises to do and then watches me do them to ensure I have the proper form.  I never realized how important form is when exercising.  Brad is helping me with my posture so that I can pull my shoulders back more and strengthen my core.

The nutrition part is really cool, where you use what is called the "Bodybugg" program.  You login to your account and enter what you eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks and the calorie, protein, carbohydrate and fat for each item is tallied.  You are supposed to eat 20% protein, 20% fat and 60% carbohydrates each day to get the best results.  I am on the APEX 1200 Calorie Plan so that I can lose a few pounds and gain more definition.

Here is my Nutrition for today:


Mae's Nutrition for 1/4/2010
 

As you can see, I am doing pretty well today as my Nutrition totaled 20% protein, 17% fat and 63% carbohydrates.  What is so surprising about this is that I was not eating enough before, especially carbohydrates.

I also bought a "Bodybugg" yesterday after training with Brad.  The Bodybugg is a device that looks alot like a pedometer.  You strap it around your upper arm and it actually measures the calories that you burn each day.  You can upload your results into your iPhone or a computer and your trainer will evaluate them.  The Bodybugg is said to be extremely accurate.

After I finished training yesterday, I picked up Adeline from Daycare and headed home.  Here is a picture of me driving home with my "mini Copilot" at her command post in the back:

Mae and Mini Copilot

I hope to see results soon!

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment