Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Heading Further West

This last week at work has been exceptionally tough.  Although my work ethic dictates that I always go the extra mile to get things done right and in a timely manner, there are still times like this past week when I feel so damned unappreciated!  People at work have been disappointing me lately as well.  There is one person there in particular who consistently makes me feel bad!  I will refer to this person as "TW " (not their initials) in order to keep things anonymous.

TW and I have been on this project for around two years now. I really like TW, but for some reason they just shut me out most of the time at work.  We go out sometimes to group lunches together and have some great interactions there.  However, once we get back to work, the wall goes back up again.  I know that TW has some personal problems, but I just don't understand why they shut me out.  I am always really nice to them but I get nothing in return. TW was out sick for a while a few months ago and I sent a message to wish them well and say that I cared, but this was met with stone silence.  I want so badly to not care anymore, but I can't do it!  I feel like such an idiot!  Anyway, this person will be leaving the project soon, which is probably for the best as this whole thing just makes my heart ache!

I was glad to get home tonight, where we had a really simple, but great dinner . . .


Grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup!  This is soul food for wounded hearts!  One of my favorite comfort meals.

After the way that things have been at work lately, I am very glad that we are are flying out this weekend to Phoenix and then driving to Sedona to stay for a week of R&R!  We have a time share and traded it to stay at the Wyndham Sedona, right near downtown Sedona.  Here is a picture of what the place looks like:


We are staying is a "1 Bedroom Deluxe" unit, which has received great reviews on RCI's website.  It includes a full kitchen, a whirlpool, a washer and dryer, and a balcony overlooking the beautiful red rocks of Sedona.  Here is a floor layout of the unit:


Doesn't this place look gorgeous?  I can't wait to get on the plane and get out there!  Meanwhile, I need to get to sleep so I can get up early again tomorrow and go to work.  Until tomorrow . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment