Sunday, May 20, 2012

Mommy's Got a New Toy!

I've just acquired a brand new toy, and his name is Roomba!  The company that I work for has what is called "Pride Awards" for which an employee's peers or managers can nominate them.  There are points values assigned for each award, depending on how big or how good of a job the employee did to be nominated.  There is a "Pride" Store where the employee can go and select prize(s) within the points value that the employee has been awarded.

I just received two rather large awards recently for my work on some long, hard jobs that were successfully completed and delivered to the customer.  After I graciously accepted my awards, I went to the catalog to look at what I wanted to get for my points.  I saw a Cuisinart Digital Kitchen Scale that I really liked.  I like to weigh portions of  meat before cooking them to ensure that I get the right portion size for calorie control.  Then I saw Roomba!  I remember seeing him before, but at the time I didn't have enough points to get him.  This time I did have enough points, so I ordered both Roomba and the Kitchen Scale.

Here is a video of Roomba doing his thing in one of our bedrooms:




I love having a really clean house and as we all know, that takes a lot of work, especially when everybody works full time and has many responsibilities!  Well, this is where Roomba comes in!  Roomba is a robot vacuum cleaner.  He uses a spiral motion to efficiently clean the whole floor, under and around furniture and along walls. And the best part about Roomba is that all you have to do is hit a button and he vacuums the floors!  He can do 3 rooms at at time.  When he's finished, he goes back to his docking station.  Watching him dock is really cool as he looks like a flying saucer docking at home base! 

Here is a video of Roomba docking after he finished vacuuming the bedroom and bathroom:




The only thing that he doesn't vacuum is stairs, but that's okay, I'm so glad to have him!  I'll get Roomba to vacuum 3 times a week to get up the dust that falls so quickly here in Texas, especially under the couches and beds!  Folks that I've talked to that have a Roomba have said that he really helps to reduce their allergies at home, which is great!

Now, if I can only  find a robot that does dishes, laundry and the rest of the housecleaning . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment