Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

Thanksgiving started out great today and got even better as the day went on!  I got to sleep in until 9:15 AM this morning, which is a far cry from my usual weekday wake-up call of 4:30 AM. One of the dogs had been sick during the night, so poor Tegan Marie was already awake and cleaning up the mess when I woke up. By the time I got out of the bedroom she had it all cleaned up, bless her heart!

We sat down and drank some tea and coffee and chatted for awhile, then I texted my daughter Nicole to say Happy Thanksgiving and see how her, Brandon and Branson were doing.  Nicole was feeding Branson at the time and said that she'd call me back later.  She texted me this sweet picture of Branson with an angelic smile on his face:

Branson's Thanksgiving Smile

Here's a great picture that Nicole posted later of Branson and his daddy, Brandon:

Daddy and Branson

Here's another really sweet picture of Branson in his big boy crib snuggling with his skunk friend:

Branson Snuggling with his Skunkie Friend - Love that Binky!

What a precious baby!  I had also texted my son Justin to ask if he was awake.  Justin is a night owl and I didn't want to wake him up with a phone call.  It ended up that he was awake and called me right after I sent him the text. We had a very nice chat and wished one another a Happy Thanksgiving. Nicole called me back and we talked for a while. It looks very good that Branson will get released from the hospital soon and they all can be home for Christmas. I also got to talk with my sister Katie later on in the day, which was very nice!  I left messages for my brother Mark on his home and cell phones, but he never called me back.  I hope that everything is okay with him and his family!

Tegan Marie and I had a very relaxing day and got Thanksgiving dinner on the table later on in the evening. We sat down and said a very special grace before eating to thank God for all of the blessings that he has bestowed upon us.  Then we dug in!  Here is a picture of our Thanksgiving meal:

2013 Thanksgiving Dinner

Here's a picture of Tegan Marie getting ready to dig in:

Tegan getting ready to dig into dinner

And here's a picture of me right before I started eating dinner:

Mae getting ready to eat dinner

Dinner was delicious and we had a very relaxing evening!  I pray that we can have the same for Thanksgiving 2014! 

No comments:

Post a Comment