Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Passing Parade

I remember being a young girl, lamenting about some nasty thing that some "friend" at the time had done to me (pre pubescent girls can get extremely nasty!).  My mother always told me that there are very few true friends in life and the rest are just a passing parade.

Well, as usual, mom was right!  I've had a number of people come and go in my life (the passing parade), with some of the departures being very painful and unforgettable!

I was looking around on Facebook today and noted that a very charming FB friend posted a beautiful video on to their lovely wife's wall, probably because their wife may have recently lost a friend or somebody else and is feeling sad about it:.


Here is the video:



This video spoke directly to me, as it is quite applicable to my life right now and in the past!  I've had some new friends come into my life recently and somebody who wasn't exactly a friend pass away in the latter part of August.

I ended up sending this video to a FB friend who appears to be going through a major life upheaval at the time.  She seems to have these upheavals on a fairly frequent basis, with numerous people coming in and out of her life each time. I really wish that I could help her in some way.  I hope that she can find peace, stability and some roots soon.  She deserves it!



No comments:

Post a Comment