Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My Body

I just recently had my yearly physical and my doctor had me take a bone density test.  I always request to see all results of any tests that I have done at the doctor's office, so they mailed me the results of the blood work and bone density test.  I was a bit dismayed when I read the results!   Apparently may "T" Score was -1.0, with the lowest measurement in the neck of my left femur.  This means that my bone mass is 10% below normal.  To top it all off, I'm Vitamin D deficient.  So now I have to take one 50,000 IU capsule once a week for 6 months.  I already work out 4-5 times week and have asked my personal trainer to add some exercises into my sessions that will help to strengthen my hip.  Here is the image from the test:

Bone Density Scan Image

I am a firm believer in preventative healthcare and want to do whatever I can to build some bone back up in my hip.  I don't want to be breaking it when I get old!

Some other things going on in my life right now: We went to court last Friday and finally were granted Managing Conservatorship of Adeline, which has been a long time in coming!  Also, Alex and Danni moved in with us because they had nowhere else to go.  I am hoping that Alex and Adeline will grow closer now that he and Danni are living here with us.

I have to start packing today as we're leaving on Friday to go on a Caribbean cruise.  I'm really looking forward to it!  I will post pictures of it here in my blog.  Well, off to pack!  Until tomorrow . . .

2 comments: