Saturday, October 12, 2013

Stop the Insanity!

I've been watching the US government shutdown over the past few weeks with utter disgust!  How is it that the officials who were elected to serve us have ended up just serving  their own agendas at the working people's expense?  They are all jerks and every last one of them should be fired for lack of performance!

This whole mess has caused me some concern about the possibility of getting furloughed.  All of 2013 has been terribly stressful for me and a furlough is the very last thing that I need right now!  Well, today I was sitting outside of our workspace on a corporate computer and one of my team mates came out of the door and said "Mae, you might want to come inside and read your email."  I just looked and him and said "this isn't what I think it is, is it?  Then he answered "yes it is"  It turned out that our Program Manager sent an email out to everybody telling us all that we would all be receiving furlough notices on Tuesday, 15 October.  This doesn't mean for sure that we will be furloughed, but it is preparing us in the event that the jerks that run our country can't pull their heads out of their collective asses and STOP THE INSANITY!

Yo, Bozos in Washington, you're hurting the country's bill payers by relentlessly pursuing your own selfish agendas!  Cut it out and start doing your jobs!

Not long after the email came out, I looked around and almost everybody had left for the day, regardless of the fact that it was only around Noon.  Morale is now in the toilet!  I ended up staying at work until around 3:30 PM.  I received a call around 2:30 PM from somebody asking for a ride and I headed out to get them around 3:30 PM. Unfortunately, that turned out to be a very unpleasant encounter. As I've said before, let no good deed go unpunished!

Tegan Marie had a dream last night that we were about to be overcome by an enemy's army and our US government issued M-16's turned out to be toy guns.  It's amazing how the human brain can cut to the chase and tell us in our dreams that our government is not there for us during times of crises!

During the course of the next few weeks we will need to prepare for how we're going to survive if the furlough indeed comes to pass.  God please help us all to get through this in one piece!  We need a rainbow promise!




No comments:

Post a Comment