Sunday, February 17, 2013

Exhale Loudly

I have always strongly believed that a woman should be able to stand on her own two feet physically, mentally, emotionally and financially.  I learned this from watching my mother go through the hell of being a housewife completely dependent on my father for everything.  Unfortunately, I really do think that when a woman allows herself to be financially dependent on somebody else that she's opening herself up to potential abuse.

I raised my daughter with strong lessons on the necessity of being independent and she has learned those lessons well!  I want this for each and every one of my female loved ones!

That said, I've been very worried for the last month or so about a much loved, close female friend.  Due to a recent traumatic experience, she was headed in a direction where she would be financially unstable.  Although myself and another close friend would never allow her to be destitute, I was very worried about where she was headed. A woman should never allow herself to get into a position where others can take advantage of her. There is no guarantee that myself and our other friend wouldn't get hit by a bus and not be available to provide help to her if needed.  There are so many awful people out there who prey on vulnerable women!  I was so worried!

Happily, during a phone conversation with her today, she indicated that she was going to resume the stable financial plan that she had before her recent traumatic experience!  I was getting my nails done at the time and the technicians noticed that I exhaled loudly after my dear friend told me her wonderful news!  I just can't describe how relieved I am about her decision!  I am still breathing easier and feel that a huge weight has lifted from my shoulders!  She is such a wonderful woman and I want so much for her to be happy and safe!

So the theme of this post brings back a song that I listened to as a kid.  It applied to life back then, it does now, and it always will!  I dedicate this song to my dear friend whose unfailing logic has returned!  Here's to you, my dear friend . . . you know who you are!  You are a very strong and capable woman!  



Helen Reddy knew the importance of being a strong woman in control of her own life!  My dear friend is the same, and I've got her back!


No comments:

Post a Comment