Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Hungry Like the Wolf

It has been 5 days since my Endometrial Ablation and although I'm doing fine, I'm noticing some side effects. I have been experiencing some bleeding and have been feeling quasi depressed.  Not too bad, but just sort of like "down on the dumps" and not very excited about anything.  It feels like I'm in a hormonal state.  I've also noticed for the past day or so that I've been hungry as hell!  It was really bad today.  I've been wanting to crunch on something all day long!  I ended up eating a big bowl of Kix as finger food today at work, which satisfied the need to crunch for a while, but didn't completely vanquish it.  This hunger state needs to stop!  It reminds me of a song by Duran Duran from back in the 80s:




Yes, "Hungry Like the Wolf" has been my theme song today!  However, the song will need to change tomorrow as I don't plan on gaining any weight!

The surgery has been on my mind a lot, so I looked up more about it on the internet and found that it was featured on the show "The Doctors".  Here is a video of a woman getting the procedure:




I'm still annoyed and disappointed with my doctor for not having somebody call me the next day and for the overall "cattle call" way that they did things.  I looked on Aetna Navigator today and was not surprised to see that her office was very efficient in getting the surgery billed, to the tune of $3,545.00!  I'm just betting that this doesn't include the anesthesiologist's fee either, which will likely arrive promptly in the mail before week's end.  Aetna is paying her their rate of $1,958.16, which is better but still exorbitantly expensive!

The medical field is becoming a racket.  This makes me sad as this is what I have to look forward to as I age.  I pray that I can keep my health intact for a long time so that I won't have to deal too much with a growing community of uncaring blood suckers!


No comments:

Post a Comment