Saturday, February 15, 2014

V-Day 2014

Our original plans for V-Day 2014 were to fly out to Atlanta to take care of some business.  However, Mother Nature had other plans and we had to reschedule our trip due to Winter Storm Pax, which pushed two rounds of wintry weather across the South from 10 to 13 February.  The second round produced the heaviest amounts of freezing rain, sleet and snow across the region late 11 February to early 13 February.  My kids in Maryland ended up with over two feet of snow to contend with there!

Since our plans were curtailed, I ended up working a full day yesterday, which resulted in an unexpected but very pleasant encounter!  I was sitting at my desk during the early afternoon, concentrating intently on some work when somebody walked up and started talking to me. When I turned around to reply, I noted that it was one of our customers.  He dropped by my desk to give me a shout out on some work that I'd done, saying that it had really helped his team!  That really made me feel great to have a customer like my work and go out of their way to tell me about it!

After work I headed home and Tegan Marie and I had our customary tea and chat. Here are our pretty Valentine's Day cards and flowers:

V-Day Flowers and Cards
 
Here's Tegan Marie posing by the flowers:

Tegan Marie with Flowers

 Here's a picture of Tegan Marie modeling her Pandora bracelet:

Tegan Marie with her Pandora Bracelet

We set up a special table for Valentines Day.  Here's how it looked:


V-Day 2014 Table

 We even had a V-Day Scentsy, which smelled so great!


V-Day Scentsy

We hung around the house for a while and chatted, then headed out for some V-Day Dinner at Carrabbas. Although we got there around 6:15 PM, the place was packed to the gills with a 1-1/2 hour wait!  We didn't feel like waiting and decided that we'd try for some seats by the kitchen.  About two minutes after we decided to do that, two people got up and we grabbed their seats!  We were in that packed restaurant less than 5 minutes on V-Day and we got seats, which was fabulous! 

Our waiter was a very nice young man named John and he took good care of us. Since we're both on a diet, we chose the lower calorie version of Chicken Parmesan.  I got it with the mixed zucchini, cauliflower and peppers and Tegan got the sauteed garlic spinach.  We both got the side salad with light balsamic vinaigrette dressing.  It was delicious!

Here's a picture of us sitting in our seats near the kitchen:


Mae and Tegan Marie at Carrabbas

We finished our meal and then went home and watched a movie and ate some NutriChocolates for Dessert since we've been on the Nutrisystem diet.  Here's a picture of what the NutriChocolates look like:

NutriChocolates

They're quite a bit smaller in actuality, but they tasted good!  I'm very proud of us that we stayed on our diet!

V-Day 2014 turned out to be a very lovely day!  I hope that V-Day 2015 will be just as good!



No comments:

Post a Comment