Friday, September 20, 2013

A Reason, a Season and a Lifetime

I came to my blog today and looked at the date that I last posted and it was June 26th, which was almost 3 months ago!  I have went through some very significant life changes since that date.  Two days after that last post, I walked out of my house in Wylie and never returned there to live.  On July 28th I filed for a divorce from my husband of ten years, which should become final sometime in October. 

We've since put our house up for sale and had a serious offer lined up with hopes for settlement on or before October 23rd.  Unfortunately, the buyer backed out earlier this week, so it looks like I'll be doing a divorce buy-out.  This stressed me out badly earlier this week, but I'm now realizing that it's probably for the best as the house truly is a lovely place.  It's fully furnished, beautifully decorated, and the mortgage payment is low by today's standards. The buy-out will make things tighter, but I'll deal with that.

If someone had told me a year ago that this was how things were going to turn out, I would have told them that they were nuts!  My marriage was a very good one for 8 years. The marital woes began in 2011 and became intolerable this past 6 months.  It's all very sad!  As far as stress levels go, I can tell you that divorce is right up there with death and it requires all parties to go through the grief process.

I did a post on Facebook a few days ago in honor of my father's birthday.  I nearly died when I realized that my father's birthday is August 14th and the day I posted his memorial was September 14!  I always pay my bills early, but recently noticed that I was a couple of weeks late on one that I've been paying for a long time because I thought it was still August. What in God's name happened to the month of August?  I've never had problems like this before and attribute it all to the extreme stress that I've been enduring.

As I think back on my life, I remember the different people who have come in and out of it. Most of these relationships were short lived, a few were long term, and even fewer were for a lifetime. I put the following video in one of my posts from September of last year called "The Passing Parade".  This video meant a lot to me then and it means even more to me right now:


My husband was in my life for a season.instead of what I thought would have been a lifetime. The season was a very full one . . . we traveled to many places near and far, ate gourmet meals on a frequent basis, moved around the country, and had a very comfortable and nice life.  But this season has come to an end and it's time to move on.  I'd like to be on amicable terms with him and I wish him all of the best of luck, health and happiness.

This made an impression on me when came it up in my news feed the other day on Facebook:


This is a new beginning into a lifetime of being true to myself, which brings to mind a very meaningful quote from Richard Bach:

A soulmate is someone who has locks that fit our keys, and keys to fit our locks. When we feel safe enough to open the locks, our truest selves step out and we can be completely and honestly who we are; we can be loved for who we are and not for who we’re pretending to be. Each unveils the best part of the other. No matter what else goes wrong around us, with that one person we’re safe in our own paradise. Our soulmate is the one who makes life come to life.
- Richard Bach

No comments:

Post a Comment