Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Glittering Mirage

We all have our responsibilities in life . . . home, family, work, and bills.  We get up every morning and go to work, come home and take care of household matters, pay bills and tend to children.  The whole routine can get to be a long blur of boredom after a while.  The ubiquitous and glittering mirage in the distance beckons, and sometimes its pull is seductively overpowering!


An Enchanted Evening Under the Stars

Oh yeah, give me that sleek, sexy car along with musk scented evenings with wine, candles and a sultry lover to tend to my every need!  The mirage dominates my brain and I can't seem to vanquish it.  Loved ones continue to inquire about that dreamy look in my eye and where my mind is at.  If they only knew . . .  I want and need passion so badly, but is it worth the steep price I'd have to pay to get it?

After much thought, I've come to the realization that there is a way around all of this, and that is in my dreams.  I can go anywhere and do whatever I want to in my dreams!

I can't help but think that Gary Wright must have had the same sentiment as me when he wrote this song:




I will dream on!



No comments:

Post a Comment