Monday, August 27, 2012

I'll Pray for You

What an uncanny experience I had today!  Back a few weeks ago on 8/5/2012, I posted a blog on here titled "Calling all Angels", in which I felt compelled to finally speak out about some particularly bad treatment that I received from a manager on the job back in Alabama in 2009. I held these feelings inside for almost three years and for some reason, they finally came out in my blog on August 5th!

Well, I was at my desk at work today and noticed that I received an email from a coworker who had just recently returned to Alabama. When I opened the email, I was shocked to read that the manager I refer to above and in my "Calling all Angels" blog died this past Friday at 59 years of age!  I'm not sure how he died, but I gather that it was health related.

I can't tell you how much I hurt for so long about how bad this person treated me, and how bad the whole good 'ole boy club in general treated people back in Alabama!  There were times while there that I kept hoping that I was dreaming and that I could wake up and realize it was all just a nightmare!  I've since learned that this manager's ex wife took him for everything that he had when she left him, which occurred before he came to our team.

As I said in my "Calling all Angels" blog, I could tell that this guy hated me before we even met.  I get the idea that he hated woman because of what his wife did to him and he took it out on me whenever he could.  I gave it back to him pretty good, but he was such a prick!.

Well, I'm really glad that I finally got this off of my chest back on August 5th.  I never really could harbor any ill will towards this person and I just want to let go of it all, especially now that he has died.

Rest in peace, Greg!  I'll pray for you and your family every day, just like I do for my family and other people that I've known during my life who have died. 


Rest in Peace, Greg







No comments:

Post a Comment