Sunday, April 22, 2012

Running on Empty

I can't even count on one hand throughout my entire life ever saying this, but I will say right now that I am running on empty and it is a very bad feeling!  However, one thing that has not waned is my impatience with myself.  I realize that I was quite ill in the hospital, but cannot get over how long it is taking me to get my energy back!  I am seriously like my own Military Training Instruction (MTI) and cannot stand sitting around on my bum!

I work with a personal trainer on Tuesday and Thursday of every week.  My trainer is very nice but is a Master Trainer at 24 Hour Fitness and is extremely hard core about fitness.  Well, I got out of the hospital in the afternoon on Thursday, April 12th and went back to work on Monday, April 16th.  I figured on Tuesday, April 17th that I needed to get my dead bum to my Tuesday training session.  When I arrived at the gym, my trainer took one look at me and told me to go home!  He's so hard core I was shocked that he told me this!  He did tell me that Tuesday was too soon to do training after being hospitalized with a kidney problem.  I'm glad to say that I did go for my Thursday afternoon session and did pretty well and I worked out both days this weekend.

Even so, I still feel like I've been drained of all of my blood!  I really hope that my energy returns to its normal levels soon!  I keep thinking about a song that describes the way I feel and here it is:




Jackson Brown's "Running on Empty" from 1977 describes my current energy dilemma!

I still don't have my appetite back completely, which I don't mind as I've lost a few pounds and am able to get into my "skinny jeans".  We have a really great meal after working out every Sunday which we call "Desayuno", which means "Breakfast" in Spanish.  The meal consists of huevos (eggs), frijoles negros (black beans), plantanos (plantains), queso fresco (fresh cheese) and crema (sour cream) to go with the plantains.  I was able to eat my Desayuno today and it tasted great!  Here is what "Desayuno" looked like today:


"Desayuno"

I hope for an energy infusion this week!  I have been working on a post here on the Caribbean Cruise that we just took in March but I just haven't had the energy to complete it!  I will complete it this week though, for anybody who would care to read it and look at the pictures.

Until tomorrow, and hoping for more energy . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment